My Trip CSSConfBP + JSConfBP
CSSConfBP + JSConfBP
For now, the best way to find the videos is to find their respective hour from the beginning of each livestreams.
- 🤖 HTTP Headers for the Responsible Developer by Stefan Judis, slides (this is not a conference talk, but a talk from BudapestJS)
- I think headers are underutilized by many including us. This talk contains a lot of practical usages of headers and is very worth checking out
- 🎨 The Weird, Yet Practical World of Paint Worklets by Jeremy Wagner, slides
- Really cool talk at #CSSConfBP by @malchata about paint worklets, with which you can register worklets implemented with canvas api to be used by css by calling the paint function Lots of cool demos in this beautiful deck. He also has references to more talks and resources, a great start in this topic.
- ⚡️ Making things fast in world of build tools by Jake Archibald & Surma
- They built a minesweeper game on web and optimized it during build steps for a feature phone, very amusing talk, best troll ever on MS Minesweeper
- you can load font file with only needed charset with the
- 🎙 Legendary Lambdas by Tejas Kumar - Serverless eloquently talked about, very well versed
- 👩🏻💻 API Modernization: Building Bridges As You Cross Them by Shelley Vohr - API well thought of, happens to be directly related with a current project I'm working on
- Getting Browser Bugs Fixed by Alan Stearns - nudge and help browser developers fix bugs: vote for bugs, add new information, log new bugs, add reference tests, and tell people about those bugs
- Taming “Git”osaurus Using Mystical Trees: Understanding complex git trees in the developer fairyland by Damini Satya Kammakomati
- A privacy first period tracker? Is it even possible? by Benedicte Raae - about JS encryption and by another badass woman in the community
- StrangerDanger: Finding Security Vulnerabilities Before They Find You! by Liran Tal
- Testing presentation components visually by Balázs Korossy-Khayll
Hardware + magic
Hardware allows people to build physical things and I see how much engineers are intrigued by it. There were more than just talks on hardware during this event. There were lightning talks and panel discussions as well that were tremendously inspiring. Unfortunately those were not recorded.
- Take on me, web browsers! by Eva Ferreira
- Deciphering Brainwaves with the Web Audio API by Braden Moore
There were multiple opinions on stateful UI in both CSSConfBP and JSConfBP.
- CSS Architecture for Modern Web Applications by Mike Riethmuller
- Crafting Stateful Styles with State Machines by David Khourshid
- Mastering UIs with Finite State Machines by Rubén Sospedra
Culture & opinions
- Web Norms of the World: An exploration of the internet beyond the West by Kat Kitay
- Algorithms and Their Habitat by Vitalii Bobrov
- Looking under the rug: the art of learning from failure by Isa Silveira
Missed but looks interesting
- Composing music with composed functions by Adam Giese
- CSS Animation - Beyond Transitions by Steven Roberts
Not seen on videos
Mozilla Community Lounge, twitter thread here
The side track happening in the Mozilla Community Lounge has a lot of good stuff.
- hardware, hardware is apparently getting very hot, people are super passionate about it and are creating a lot of interesting things, another tweet
- Mozilla's lead DevRel on MDN. There is a relevant talk in CSSConfBP about getting browser bugs fixed. These content speaks to us that browser vendors and web standards are active and very close around us. There has never been a time where the community of FE is so connected I think.
- the most inaccessible site you build with a perfect lighthouse score, start with a perfect lighthouse score, then progressively degenerate the site to make it inaccessible by nearly all people, sends great message around a11y, tweet
- an interactive app to learn css layout (inspired by flex froggy), tweet, demo
- Dance Dance Revolution using conductive paint + JS, a couple tweets about this
- unmock.io - open source project spun off from commercial product (similar purpose with our manta style?)